Why look! It’s that time again — time to set my Round 2 goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days. ROW80 is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. Participants set their own goals, check in twice weekly, and have 80 days to achieve their dreams and desires . . . or die trying. (Okay, it’s not that intense.)
Here are my goals:
- Log 5,000 words per week on young adult novel, SHARING HUNTER. This should result in a completed first draft. 25,687. Oh my gosh.
- If first draft is finished, edit once through SHARING HUNTER. Waiting on #1.
- Work on pitch and synopsis for DFW Writers’ Conference (taking place May 19-20). MUST DO THIS WEEK.
- If I get all of that done, edit through THE YEAR OF FIRSTS, my middle grade novel which is in second draft form and has been gathering dust for a few months. Waiting on 3 tasks above.
- Read one writing craft book. My choice this round is Christopher Vogler’s The Writer’s Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers. Took a break from this goal until after the DFW Writers’ Conference.
- Read through March/April issue of The Writer’s Digest. Why can’t I get to this goal?!
- Take course from Tiffany Inman Lawson on 77 Secrets to Writing YA Fiction that Sells from the Margie Lawson Writers Academy. Catching up on first assignment and then onto the second lecture.
- Read 10 books keeping to my At-Least-3 Reading Challenge for 2012. On track. I have read four books so far: The Killer Inside Me; Getting Rid of Bradley; Graceling; and The Man Who Was Thursday. I have started THE HEART-SHAPED BOX by Joe Hill, which has me shivering at times already. Gee thanks, Catie, for that recommendation.😉
- Post ROW80 updates on Sundays. Done.
- Exercise three times a week — length of time to be determined. Thanks to an extra class, I went to Zumba three times last week, so I met this goal.
Best wishes to all of the Round 2 participants!