Welcome to Scarlet Thread Sunday, the day I share something I’ve learned in the labyrinth of life. I’m on a sort of blogging vacation right now. But I am posting Sunday ROW80 updates, with a brief something first.
Today’s life lesson is about cleaning my face with oil. Yep, you heard me right. When a friend of mine suggested this, I was incredulous. “Oil? You want me to use oil to clean my face?!!” Then I did the research, gave it a try, and discovered that it works. My skin looks and feels better than it did before.
How does this work? Well, it’s a blend of oils–one that moisturizes and one that works as an astringent. I use olive oil and castor oil.
You have to experiment with the ratio (mine is 1:1, my friend’s is 3:2). And you have to give it about a week to see the difference. I also don’t do this every night, but about 3-4 times a week. My skin is smoother and healthier, and–believe it or not–I break out less often.
For specifics on how to start, you can check out this article from MindBodyGreen.
- Edit/rewrite SHARING HUNTER, a YA contemporary novel. No more progress.
- Edit two short stories–one needs a final polish, the other a full edit. Done last week.
- Read 10 fiction books: The count’s at five: White Cat, Red Glove, and Black Heart by Holly Black; Firelands by Piper Bayard; and Almost a Scandal by Elizabeth Essex. Now reading Rise of the Machines: Human Authors in a Digital World by Kristen Lamb and re-reading The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams with my son.
- Finish craft book: Writing Young Adult Fiction for Dummies by Deborah Halverson. (I read the first half last round.) Read two more chapters and typed up a lot of notes from the book.
- Visit and comment on five ROW80 blog posts per week. Done.
- Attend at least one RWA meeting. Attended Northwest Houston RWA meeting yesterday, where I listened to a presentation on the secrets of ebook success from Mark Coker, founder of Smashwords.
Have you ever heard of cleaning your face with oil? Have you tried it? And how did your week go?