Welcome to Scarlet Thread Sunday, the day we enter the labyrinth of life and see what lessons we can learn.
Last Wednesday, I mentioned that I am taking a blog vacation, with the exception of ROW80 updates. Still, I want to share something I’ve learned, so here’s an important truth my humorous uncle taught me while I was growing up.
At least not without getting clobbered right after. Consider yourself warned. 😉
- Edit/rewrite SHARING HUNTER, a YA contemporary novel. No more progress.
- Edit two short stories–one needs a final polish, the other a full edit. I wasn’t ready to get back into Sharing Hunter, so I got on this one. Done! I even edited a third story.
- Read 10 fiction books: I’ve knocked out four so far: White Cat, Red Glove, and Black Heart by Holly Black and Firelands by Piper Bayard.
- Finish craft book: Writing Young Adult Fiction for Dummies by Deborah Halverson. (I read the first half last round.) Read another chapter.
- Visit and comment on five ROW80 blog posts per week. Done.
- Attend at least one RWA meeting. Just waiting for August meetings to arrive.
How did your week go? Have you ever taken a blogging vacation? What vacation plans do you have the rest of the summer?
By the way, I appeared on Catie Rhodes‘s blog last week, writing about my Celebrity Author Playlist for “Color Me Happy,” my young adult short story in the anthology Orange Karen. Check out the post HERE.