As I noted last Sunday, we are going car shopping. Here’s a reminder of why we are replacing our car:
The driver who rammed into us was found responsible, and her insurance company called the car a total loss and paid us out.
While I usually use my Sunday post to say a little something about writing or life or whatever, today I am reaching out to readers to ask for your take on vehicles. We have always had small vehicles. My husband and I both drove Toyota Corollas when we met and married, and since then we have owned a Honda Civic and a Toyota Matrix as well. Now we are in the market for something bigger. We are looking at trucks and car-based as well as truck-based SUVs.
So here are my questions for you: What type of vehicle do you drive? (I’m not looking so much for make and model as size and type.) What do you like about it? What do you dislike? Would you change what you drive if you could and why? What do you suggest I pay attention to while we are out car shopping?
Hey, y’all are here, and I might as well gather up your fabulous wisdom as we hunt for the right automobile for our family.
Now for the goals. In last week’s ROW80 update, I proclaimed that nothing worthy of note had occurred with my writing goals. Life had interrupted, disrupted, and corrupted my schedule. But I swore to come back this week with check marks on my to-do list. And here I am! The goals:
- Finish reading Revision & Self-Editing by James Scott Bell. Check mark.
- Cheer on the ROW80 participants. Check mark.
- Edit at least 50 pages of SHARING HUNTER, my young adult contemporary novel. Getting into Margie Lawson’s lecture packet on Deep EDITS, so I’m working from that checklist. I got some changes made throughout the WIP as I searched beginnings and endings of chapters to shore them up.
- Exercise at least twice this week. Um…
- Read a couple of books written by fabulous writer friends. Still working on this, but I made a lot of progress compared to last week.
- Scread the 196 blog posts that piled up in my queue. I have caught up with all of my blog reading (although you keep writing great posts and there are so many blogging buddies I still need to visit).
- Submit a query for SHARING HUNTER. I did not submit a new query, but I did send in a partial submission in response to a request. I also researched other agents and will be ready for next week.
So while I’m not worthy of a gold medal, I’m getting back on track..and very soon will be back on the road with a new vehicle.
Remember to leave your car-buying advice below. And tell me how your writing is going? Are you destroying your goals or facing some challenges?
As always, give back-pats and buck-kicks as needed to my fantastic fellow ROWers. You can find them HERE. Have a blessed week!