I usually try to say something insightful, inspiring, or entertaining on Sundays when I post my ROW80 progress for the week. However, a friend recommended I watch the following video, and it was so awesome I wanted to share. Shawn Achor, a researcher and teacher of positive psychology, speaks about “The happy secret to better work.”
I haven’t always felt this way, but I would definitely describe myself now as a happy person. There is always room for improvement, but I am very blessed gal. Here’s what I have to be happy about this week.
- Edit 50 pages per week of my young adult contemporary novel, SHARING HUNTER MILLS. I can’t count 50 pages because this week I searched the whole manuscript for those unnecessary and passive words and tackled those first. This week, I am also planning to read through Margie Lawson’s DEEP Edits lecture packet, James Scott Bell’s Revision & Self-Editing, and give SmartEdit software a try.
- Send one agent query per week for SHARING HUNTER MILLS. I emailed another query on Thursday.
- Finish reading Christopher Vogler’s The Writer’s Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers. Nope. Nada.
- Exercise twice a week. I walked quite a bit on Independence Day as part of our community’s parade, and I attended Zumba class on Thursday. So cross this one off too.
- Check in with ROW80 participants according to my role as a sponsor for Round 3. I visited several participants, and I’m excited to see who’s in. It should be a great round!
Now you should positively cheer on the other ROWers by clicking HERE. How did your week go?