Last week, I emerged from a week of Zumba workouts feeling sore and good about what I had accomplished. I also had my best ROW80 week, meeting all of my goals and surpassing my hoped-for word count.
This week, I am sore again — this time on my butt cheek from the antibiotic shot I received at the doctor’s office yesterday. I somehow managed to get strep throat. The good news is that my family seems to have dodged this fate, so I am the only one laid up. The bad news is that my ROW80 is looking pretty pitiful.
Today’s update for Round 1 of 2012:
- Finish editing Grace & Fire mystery novel and send to reader. Finished January 19.
- Write 2,500 words per week on young adult novel, Sharing Hunter. Zero words. I have only done some mental plotting, as I reconsidered a scene I wrote last week and believe I have a better way to approach it.
- Blog twice a week on Amaze-ing Words Wednesday and Deep-Fried Friday, and check-in with ROW80 updates twice a week. Posted 6 Ways to Say “You Spineless Weakling” (which was scheduled pre-illness) and this ROW80 update today.
- Comment on at least 10 blogs per week (not counting ROW80 update comments). I didn’t count this time. It’s probably around 10 or so already.
- Read one writing craft book. Reading On Writing, finished another 50+ pages. So I’m on page 103 of 291.
- Read five fiction books. 4 down. Starting Hondo by Louis L’Amour (not my usual genre).
- Exercise three times per week. What exercise? It feels like exercise just to walk to the other side of the house. Can I count that?
Sometimes life knocks you down. I am literally in bed, down for the count, and can barely talk or swallow. However, a little illness can’t take my spirit. I am going to ninja kick this strep to the curb and use my superhero prowess to attack these goals next week! I’ll be logging the word count like crazy . . . just as soon asZzzzzzzzz. Oh yeah, I’m sleeping a lot right now too.
Be back with y’all next week.
How has your week gone so far? I hope you’re all healthy and doing great!