You would think as a sponsor of the ROW80 Writing Challenge, I would know exactly what I’m doing by now. However, I established a page on my blog for ROW80 and have thus far updated my progress there. Then I discovered this week that the Powers That Be at A Round of Words in 80 Days would prefer a distinct blog post to a page update, so here I go with Sunday and Wednesday posts as well. They will, of course, be shorter.
Here are my ROW80 goals for Round 1 of 2012:
- Finish editing Grace & Fire mystery novel and send to reader. I got through 3 chapters of editing this week – not as much as I would like but progress nonetheless. I’m about 3/4 through.
- Write 2,500 words per week on work in progress. Most importantly, I MUST decide which work in progress to tackle. I have two novels plotted and can’t choose which one to focus on. Both stories are tugging at my hem and begging for attention. On hold until I finish the editing.
- Blog twice a week on Amaze-ing Words Wednesday and Deep-Fried Friday, and check-in with ROW80 updates twice a week. Keeping up.
- Comment on at least 10 blogs per week. Goal met. However, this week I want to track the number of blog posts I comment on; I haven’t taken a specific count.
- Read one writing craft book. I got caught up reading another nonfiction book this week and did not delve into On Writing by Stephen King as planned. Hopefully, I can change that this week.
- Read five fiction books. 2 1/2 down, 2 1/2 to go. Perhaps I should have aimed higher. I am taking on my own At-Least-3 Reading Challenge for 2012.
- Exercise three times per week. Call me Slacker. However, I recently found out that my community is offering Zumba twice a week in the mornings. I am signing up! My body will thank me later.
In case you don’t know exactly what Zumba is, here’s an example of a few routines. I’ve seen a bunch of Zumba videos, but this one from over 5 years ago is still a great one, especially since there are both guys and gals participating and a high energy audience.
I’m thrilled to be joined by over 100 other ROW80ers! Wish them well HERE.
How’s your energy level this week? Getting your writing or editing done? Any others taking on exercise goals as well?